Wizaz.pl - Podgląd pojedynczej wiadomości - Sposoby Japonek na piękną cerę.
Podgląd pojedynczej wiadomości
Stary 2008-02-06, 15:25   #146
una creatura bella
Wtajemniczenie

Dot.: Sposoby Japonek na piękną cerę.

Kasiu, znalazłam jeszcze jedną recenzję, która uchyla rąbka tajemnicy na temat zawartości jednej z książek tej autorki.

Cytat:
The New Beauty: An East-West guide to the Natural Beauty of Body and Soul by Michelle Dominique Leigh

I have had this book in my possession for a number of years and keep going back to it for inspiration and ideas. It is chock full of good information - and it is a very pleasant read.

The author is an American woman who lives part of her life in Japan.
Ms Leigh has compiled an incredible compendium of traditional and modern health/beauty rituals and recipes. The book offers both a cultural insight as well as practical ideas.

The following topics (not exact chapter headers) are covered:

Skin
Hair
Body
Male beauty
Inner/outer beauty
Bathing rituals
Purification using botanical herbs
Beauty medicines
Scent
Make-up
Shiatsu

One of the most special things about this book are the sections that deal with Japanese aesthetic metaphors.
These are simply, yet movingly described: the beauty that is unfinished, the beauty that exists between the wrapping, the beauty that disappears….etc.
Not quite koans or haiku, but definitely paradigm-shifters.

Another treat is the author’s description of personal experiences: entering a communal bath, her collection of antique Japanese toiletry kits, etc.

Practical dietary advice is abundant.
For example, the foods recommended for healthy hair include black sesame seeds, shrimp, shiso (perilla) and seaweed.
Each of these and other foods is descibed in detail.

Recipes for seaweed shampoo, eggplant toothpaste and various hair and face packs are plentiful. I have tried many of them out and can vouch for excellent results.

I love this book and recommend it unreservedly.
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=28243