Have should I learn English? - Wizaz.pl

Wróć   Wizaz.pl > Kobieta > Nauka języków obcych - kącik językowy

Notka

Nauka języków obcych - kącik językowy Nauka języków obcych - kącik językowy, to miejsce wymiany informacji o kursach, podręcznikach, materiałach i ciekawostkach językowych. Dołącz.

Odpowiedz

Narzędzia
Stary 2007-08-20, 10:51   #1
Albe
Raczkowanie

should I learn English?

I have problem.
I have to learn english, but I'm too lazy to do it. I have a lots of free time, few very good books, but I havent got motivation! I must learn because of my job ;-( I love my job, but my english sometimes killing me. Maby have you got idea have should i learn, to remember everything? Or, tell me my good polish friend haw you learn this beautyfull language, that you can speek so good? I'm waiting for yours help, anserw, and ideas, and everything what you will think about haw to learn english.

Edytowane przez Albe
Czas edycji: 2007-10-31 o 14:31 Powód: blad gramatyczny w tytule ;)
Albe jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Stary 2007-08-20, 13:20   #2
annemon
Zadomowienie

Dot.: Have should I learn English?

Have you thought about learning at a language course? I would advise you to enroll on such a course. You can start with the beginners' level. I think that if you can't make yourself learn English, maybe group work at the course will help you. Maybe someone else's success in learning will stimulate you to work on your command of English.
annemon jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Stary 2007-09-20, 09:07   #3
jannet21
Raczkowanie

For me english courses were always boring. And I didn't learn a lot. That's why I found other way, which also can recommend. I have found on internet friends from abroad and with them i improve language. I have been learning like this since more than half year and I do my best. Maybe still I'm not perfect, but i'm speaking and i'm very proud of it. I think the most important is speaking (reading and writing you can always learn from books). Besides this way gives you chance to meet really great people.

I keep my fingers crossed for you, hope you will find the best way too
jannet21 jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Stary 2007-10-08, 16:09   #4
pani z herbata
Zadomowienie

try into www.nonstopenglish.com or sometting like that its course on line for free you log on and they send you exercises as often as you like.
i've learn new words while i was watching movies with polish subtitles. it works really and try to read magazines. i do the same with german and russian. and good way is to go on chat in englishDDD
pani z herbata jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Stary 2007-10-31, 13:28   #5
Mneme
Rozeznanie

Well... I attended many courses which took most of my free time and were also terribly expensive. I guess it helped me a little bit, at least I corrected some grammar "gaps"... But the thing that really MADE me to speak english was meeting my boyfriend, who is not polish I used the word "MADE" intentionally... because if I wanted to communicate, I had to SPEAK. Firstly I was "killing the language" but after some time a kind of wall broke inside me and I started to speak better and better

Edytowane przez Mneme
Czas edycji: 2007-10-31 o 13:29 Powód: just wanted to add something...
Mneme jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Stary 2007-10-31, 14:29   #6
Albe
Raczkowanie

should I learn English?

Right....
I know that I have to speak English, and I know that my language is better them was 1 year ago...but I still not feel confortable.
And unfortunetly I know that it's my fould(?), beacuse I'm little lazy bastard.
I have a lot of friends with I must speak in english, so I have a lot of training as well.

I need motivation, idea with not polish boyfriend is briliant, but I'm merrid
Well, what can I do with it?
Stary 2007-11-01, 10:27   #7
pani z herbata
Zadomowienie

I am sorry but what do you expect from us?? there is no such a thing as a motivation pill. You said you have plenty of friends who don't speak Polish that should be your motivation. If you want to communicate with them you have to start working on it. simple as that.
if you need a kick in a arse there you go <kick in the arse>

Najlepsze Promocje i Wyprzedaże

REKLAMA
Stary 2007-11-01, 15:18   #8
Albe
Raczkowanie

yes
thats truth. I'm going to start work on it... today I'm going to met my friedns today, and I arledy told them that today is english day, and they have to teach me new words.
thx
Stary 2007-11-02, 09:17   #9
pani z herbata
Zadomowienie

good for you fingers crossed
Stary 2007-11-02, 17:37   #10
gemusia
Raczkowanie

I think that the best way to learn english is not to think of a learning process.
Just read books in english - start with sth easy like Harry Potter, fairytales, or "Tales of Narnia". If you live in a big city you can borrow books from British Council library (membersip for a year costs about 30 zl)
Second, forget about subtitles! you will lear a lot more if you don't have them. You can also watch movies and series in english e.g "futurama", "family guy" - these are veru funny cartoons with relatively easy language, "coupling" - british series similar to "friends" (it has really clear british english, you can also improve your listening skills)

After reading few books you will see that you have no more problems with grammar and vocabulary

As for speaking I have some problems too, so I'm not the best advisor

good luck!

gemusia jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Stary 2007-11-05, 19:35   #11
wenedka
Zakorzenienie

Cytat:
Napisane przez gemusia Pokaż wiadomość
I think that the best way to learn english is not to think of a learning process.
Just read books in english - start with sth easy like Harry Potter, fairytales, or "Tales of Narnia". If you live in a big city you can borrow books from British Council library (membersip for a year costs about 30 zl)
Second, forget about subtitles! you will lear a lot more if you don't have them. You can also watch movies and series in english e.g "futurama", "family guy" - these are veru funny cartoons with relatively easy language, "coupling" - british series similar to "friends" (it has really clear british english, you can also improve your listening skills)

After reading few books you will see that you have no more problems with grammar and vocabulary

As for speaking I have some problems too, so I'm not the best advisor

good luck!
I agree, but I'd say you can learn a lot by watching movies with subtitles so that you can remeber spelling of words
I think listening to interviews on youtube is very helpful too.
As for speaking, you just have to speak when there's an opportunity to; don't know any other advise
- Może pan także wziąć ze sobą skrzypce.
- Dziękuję w imieniu skrzypiec, ale one herbaty nie
piją!

PRZYNAJMNIEJ ≠ BYNAJMNIEJ
wenedka jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując

Okazje i pomysły na prezent

REKLAMA
Stary 2023-04-13, 19:10   #12
KatarzynaWysocka
Przyczajenie

I love English and constantly learn new words, grammatical constructions, read, listen to audio and watch TV shows in English. I am sure that this language will be useful to everyone, as it is universal.
KatarzynaWysocka jest offline Zgłoś do moderatora   Odpowiedz cytując
Odpowiedz

Nowe wątki na forum Nauka języków obcych - kącik językowy

Ten wątek obecnie przeglądają: 1 (0 użytkowników i 1 gości)

Zasady wysyłania wiadomości